Calling all surfers or wannabe surfers
At bawb sy n syrffIo neu am fod yn syrffwyr
Cefnogir gan wno.org.uk
Do you like surfing or want to learn? Want to make
and star in your own Surf DVD? Tell the world your
stories, make your own soundtrack?
Join Welsh National Opera this August for an awesome
week at the beach with sun, sand, surf, music, filming
and bacon butties…
Welsh National Opera is offering young people
living in Bridgend, Maesteg and Ogmore Vale
a unique chance to make and star in their own
Surf DVD to be premièred at Porthcawl’s 2008
Surf Cult Festival this September.
• teach you how to improve or learn to surf
• show you skills for filming and get you shooting on land and in the sea
• help you write your own soundtrack based on your stories and musical interests
Surf Tailz runs for one week between Monday
11 and Friday 15 August 2008, 9.30am (for tea
and bacon butties) til 4pm, based in Porthcawl,
and is completely FREE!
We’ll also provide any boards and wetsuits you
may need, although you’re welcome to use your
own if you have them.
You’ll be working alongside a top-class team of
pros including a semi-pro surfer and surf coach
currently competing on the BPSA UK Pro Surf Tour;
an extreme sports cameraperson who shoots around
the world; a professional
writer, composer and musicians.
If you are:
• aged 14 - 25
• already a surfer or would like to learn (all levels accepted)
• interested in surfing, filming, music or any combination of those
• living in Bridgend, Maesteg and Ogmore Vale
Contact Claire Cressey at Welsh National Opera,
for further information or to sign up: firstname.lastname@example.org
surf-cult.co.uk | wno.org.uk
Paul Hamlyn Foundation
Bridgend County Council