WaveJet Propulsion Invites Lifeguard Organizations Send Strongest Paddler to Compete Against the WaveJet Rescue System
• Date and Time: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 1pm (registrants must be on beach by 12pm for official check-in)
• Location: Narragansett Town Beach, Narragansett, RI
• Details: In association with the Waterman Eco-Challenge, WaveJet Propulsion is challenging lifeguard and ocean rescue organizations nation-wide to send their best paddler to compete against the WaveJet. In a mock rescue set-up, paddlers will race to determine who is the best on the beach in getting to a victim and back to shore. The rescue organization who wins the race (excluding the WaveJet rider) will win one (1) WaveJet Rescue System, with an approximate retail value of $4,150. There is no cash alternative for such prize, and the prize is not transferable. If the winning lifeguard also beats the WaveJet rider, that lifeguard will receive an additional $500.
For details and registration questions, please contact Kelly Virgulto - firstname.lastname@example.org and Jordan Voloshin - email@example.com or 310.896.6049 OR to register, please fill out the form at the end of this document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 619.448.1196
• 11’0” x 31” x 3 5/8” - epoxy construction
• Enables lifeguards and ocean rescue professionals to reach, rescue and return victims in half the time
• Allows critical lifesaving procedures to be executed while the victim is being propelled back to shore
• Enables lifeguards and ocean rescue pros to conserve energy so that they have stamina and support throughout the day
• Is a one-person operation, resulting in faster reaction time and quicker problem solving
• Equips a single rescue to help multiple victims on one call
• Provides utility no matter the condition - even if battery power depletes, the board can still be utilized as a rescue board and paddled back to shore
• Cost Per System (pricing for rescue board reduced and supported by WaveJet to benefit ocean rescue organizations and beach communities) - $4,150.00
With two events already down the “Dream Tour” is well underway for 2014.
Ferg talks about his eclectic quiver of surfboards before putting them through their paces in some of the best waves the North Atlantic has to offer
Internationally renowned filmmaker Kepa Acero comes to Cornwall to host a very special event as part of the Approaching Lines Festival.
Sandy barrels beat the grind hands-down but the heartbeat of competition never stops pulsing.
A Dublin fire fighter and his obsession with Ireland’s biggest and deadliest wave.