Come join us pool side with WAVES for Development for its 1st Annual NYC fundraising event at Grace Hotel!
When: Thursday, July 16th. 7-10pm
Where: Grace Hotel, 125 W. 45th St.
WAVES uses surfing to empower local communities in Peru in: life skills and healthy living, environmental conservation, social entrepreneurship and sustainable tourism.
We’ll be hosting a 1 hour OPEN BAR from 7 to 8pm featuring brands such as Peak Organic Beer, Barefoot Wines, Guayaki Yerba Mate Organic Tea and more!
During the event we’ll have giveaways, raffle prizes, and a silent auction sponsored by:
* Playback Clothing giving away t-shirts made from recycled water coolers! Yep, that’s right blue water coolers!
* Hive Organic Surf Wax giving away surf wax and lip balm
* Okoto providing surf inspired designed hats for prizes
* Nishani Wellness providing gift certificates for complimentary holistic health counseling sessions
* Patagonia providing surf gear for the silent auction!
* Gap Adventures will also be there in our sponsors lounge to talk about their outdoor adventure tours and will be providing prizes for our raffle.
* Sustainable NYC providing gift certificates for free pairs of FSC Cert natural rubber flip flops!
* SoCo Surf providing beach gear for our silent auction gifts!
* sweetriot providing yummy chocolate for our silent auction gifts!
* with more to come!
Thank you to our non-profit media partners:
Net Impact NYC
Swim Strong Foundation
Enjoy the sounds of DJ Kunal Mer¢hant and check out surf films playing over the pool from the New York Surf Film Festival!
Since Grace Hotel has a wonderful indoor pool and this is a pool party, everyone will have full access to the pool and swim up bar (towels will be provided!).
This is definitely a summer event you do not want to miss!
$20: Pre-Registration online
All proceeds go to WAVES to help build and strengthen their community surfing programs!
An Australian clean-sweep in the RedBull Cape fear Challenge
Francisco Alves finds more than his fair share of waves in the Mentawai islands.
How do Kolohe Andino and Carissa Moore prepare for the highest-performance in surfing?