SOLID Surf & Adventure
An adventure for the soul.
At SOLID we not only show our clients the best of Nicaragua (waves, activities and culture) while making them feel at home, but also limit the guess-work and hassle of decision-making so they can focus on surfing, relaxing and enjoying their stay. With a staff filled of locals including a bi-lingual, emergency responder guide, we provide both a safe and authentic experience in Nicaragua.
Situated on the Central-Pacific coast less than 90 minutes from the airport, lively city of Leon and historical city of Granada, the four breaks within eyesight of the SOLID compound are the most consistent, uncrowded breaks in the region and provide a variety of waves that are fun for every level. While many will focus on surf, we provide activities that everyone in the family can enjoy such as volcano boarding, rum factory tour, zip-lining, fishing, colonial city tour, horseback riding, yoga, massages and even volunteering!
All-inclusive packages are just $1200 per person (6 nights, double occupancy) and include beachfront lodging with A/C, private bath, high speed internet/WiFi, local fresh meals and bar beverages, airport transfers, 24-hr security, surf guide, adventure tours, photographed surf sessions and more. To check out what people have to say about SOLID, we encourage you to visit our Trip Advisor page.
And if the all-inclusive package isn’t your thing or you’re on a tighter budget, SOLID has an option for you. We have a Bed + Breakfast (directly behind the main compound) thats great if you’re looking for a quiet getaway where you can venture out on your own for meals and activities and a Surf Hostel (beachfront directly next to the main compound) if you just need a bed and some fun surf.
To begin your SOLID experience please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We focus on all-inclusive packages that eliminate the decision-making and hassle of planning a vacation, ensuring clients not only get the most out of their stay in Nicaragua, but also have the time to relax and enjoy it. The all-inclusive package includes the following:
• Full-service transportation to/from the airport and local surf destinations (conditions permitting) in a 4×4 vehicle
• Lodging in a comfortable A/C room with private bath, high-speed internet/Wi-Fi
• All-inclusive food & drink including snacks and bar beverages; Cold Breakfast (fruit, granola, yogurt), Hot breakfast (eggs, chorizo, gallo pinto, tortilla), Lunch and Dinner (same-day caught fish, chicken, pork, vegetables and salad) served with freshly made fruit juice, bottled water and Nicaraguan coffee (can cater to different diets)
• Guided surf sessions at local breaks and other nearby breaks via 4x4 (conditions permitting) w/ one beginner lesson included
• Photographed surf sessions with a client gallery to download from
• Pick an excursion! Choose a Panga boat fishing/surfing trip or a colonial city/volcano trip to Leon or Granada (Bonus! Add a hiking, zip-lining or volcano boarding adventure to this day!)
• Amenities: Swimming pool, full-service bar that delivers straight to your hammock (margaritas / piña coladas anyone?), onsite yoga deck and studio (blocks and mats available), full grass lawn area for sun-tanning and relaxing, slack-line, pull-up bar, full-body work out machine and suspension training home gym, rancho with hammocks, rocking chairs, comfortable lounge seating, hammock area under the palm trees with fire pit and s’mores available
• 10+ person staff (mostly local) that is dedicated to making your stay enjoyable, relaxing, authentic and safe; staff includes an on-site, bi-lingual emergency responder certified guide and 24-hour security
PRICING: $1200 per person (6 nights, double occupancy)
The best part about SOLID is that the compound sits at the waters edge of the most consistent, uncrowded break in the region. At high tide, you can almost surf into the property and the three other spots are less than a 5-minute walk - all which can be seen from the SOLID rancho. These breaks provide a variety of waves that are fun for every level, and while there’s not much of an incentive to leave home when you can eat breakfast, see a great wave and in less than a minute paddle out to it… we can venture to a few reef breaks as well as a world class barrel to change things up.
While the bigger swell season is March through October (good, overhead sized waves that enable us to travel to a few reef breaks), November to February is a great time to travel to Nicaragua and more specifically to SOLID - as we get fun waist to head high surf as our beach enhances whatever swell is out there. Furthermore, the water stays warm year-round with not even a top needed and we experience offshore winds 300+ days per year.
1. SOLID Surf & Adventure Promo https://vimeo.com/142744943
2. A SOLID Fall in Central Nicaragua https://vimeo.com/88361313
3. SOLID Surf & Adventure Property in El Transito, Nicaragua - Drone footage https://vimeo.com/96295742
LocationsCentral America South » El TránsitoCentral America South » Salinas GrandesCentral America South » Puerto SandinoCentral America South » Punta MiramarCentral America South » Playa HermosaCentral America South » Playa HermosaCentral America South » Gran PacificaCentral America South » PopoyoCentral America South » El AstilleroCentral America South » Playa Maderas
ServicesSurf School Schools with qualified surf instructors offering lessons and courses with equipment hire to individuals or groups, whether you are a total beginner, an intermediate surfer or an experienced surfer looking to improve your ability. Accommodation Surfer friendly places to stay near some great surf spots. Including camp-sites, hostels, hotels, B&Bs and surf lodges. Surf Guide Surf Hire For surf hire, wetsuit hire, boots, hats, gloves, leashes and anything else you may need to go surfing. A range of surfboard hire is usually available, whether you want to rent an SUP, body board, mini-mal or short board. Food and Drink From restaurants and cafes to night clubs, pubs and bars and everything in between. Surf Camp Surf camps can offer a variety of types of accommodation such as apartments, hotels, rooms, camping or dormitories together with food, surf lessons and group activities. Often included are guided surf tours of the best local spots along with surf hire, videos, photography, professional coaching and even some night life. Guided Surf Tours Experienced guides with local knowledge who offer surf trips and tours to the best breaks and secret spots by boat, 4x4 or bus. Adventure Centre Offering a selection of outdoor activities such as climbing, abseiling, caving, coasteering, rafting or other group activities and sports. Yoga and Surfing Surf trips and holidays with the added benefit of learning and practising Yoga or Pilates to enhance your flexibility, balance and spiritual well being.