Sick of the corporate grind? Unsatisfied by an endless stream of uninteresting client work? Stuck inland wishing you were by the coast? We're recruiting talented, motivated developers for our small team. Join us in building one of the world's most popular surf applications and enjoy the perks of working with like minded people based just a few minutes from the surf.
We are looking for talented developers to join our small team based in Kingsbridge, South Devon. Your chance to play a key role in building critical features of our surf forecasting application that reaches hundreds of thousands of surfers around the world. With a focus on industry best practice combined with a relaxed working environment we've got the perfect opportunity for someone who doesn't want to compromise on either career or quality of life.
- Expert knowledge of writing beautiful code in one of our core technologies.
- A real passion for software engineering and architecting robust and scalable solutions.
- Related degree or commercial experience an advantage.
- Push changes to 1.5 million people daily.
- A fast paced, challenging work environment without the constraints of client work or corporate bullshit.
- Exactly as you'd expect from a surf lifestyle company 95% of your co-workers surf and we operate a flexitime schedule that'll allow you to get to the beach when there are waves along with cost price kit and other benefits.
- A relaxed working environment that nonetheless focuses on the very best professional practices: test driven development, continuous integration and an ongoing quest for the best solutions in a rapidly changing tech landscape.
We want the right person, not just the right boxes ticked. If you mention experience of a technology in your CV we'd appreciate some supporting evidence if you have it - code examples are always a huge benefit. Likewise we take pride in creating a team you'd want to be part of so a covering letter with a little more information about yourself and why you feel you'd be a good fit is always really encouraged.
Please note the role is based in our offices in Kingsbridge, South Devon, United Kingdom and you either need to be a UK resident or eligible to work here and prepared to relocate.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.