- Six skis were knocked out.
- Three trucks trapped in the sand (all ok).
- Minute of silence requested by Kealii Mamala in honor of Andy Irons.
- Ramon Navaro from Chile represented Latin America broke his board and kept on smiling.
- Two broken boards and many broken leashes.
- Gary Linden's balsa 10'6 gun got lost at sea right after Peter Mel got a perfect 10 on it! Peter broke his leash and couldn't retrieve the board after a clean-up set. Miraculously it turned up two weeks and 60 miles later to the north.
- First charger from Dominican Republic to compete in a Big Wave World Tour, Andres Flores, got a nice one and a mean wipeout.
© Bella Hunt